Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mistakes Were Made

I made the call about this when I did my top 5 books of the year and said that I was fairly sure that The Help would have made top 5 movies list, had I seen it.

Very true story. I failed to include any honorable mentions, so I'm going to add them now because I've seen two movies in the last two weeks that should definitely have been on my list for 2011.

Top 5 Movies Honorable Mentions

The Help
If you read my top 5 books list, you know why I enjoyed this story. The movie was really well done because of the spot on casting, I think. I never would have thought that Bryce Dallas Howard could play such a horrid southern woman; likewise with Emma Stone playing such a lovely southern girl. I was wrong on both points. Also, Viola Davis deserves an Oscar nod, perhaps not a win though.

Crazy, Stupid, Love
You may have come to this realization, but I love Ryan Gosling. I'm really not sure he can do anything wrong in my book. I also very much enjoy Emma Stone, so this was a pretty good combination. It reminded me a lot of Playing by Heart, one of my favorite movies ever. It was a romantic comedy that kind of fell out of the normal realm of romantic comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment