Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sort of Cool

When I was teaching, I was always trying to find really cool but still educational things for the students to do. One time, I had them try to write This I Believe essays. Go to thisibelieve.org for more information.

I had them do this while we were reading To Kill a Mockingbird, a book about morals and beliefs. I had each class choose two of their peers' essays to submit to the organization for publication. I've never heard that any of the kids had theirs published, but I think that's probably because they wouldn't think it was as awesome as I would. They did get really into it though, because of the competitive part, I'm sure.

Anyway, to help them through the process, as it is really difficult, I wrote an essay of my own with them and went through the submission process as well.

And here it is, on the This I Believe website: http://thisibelieve.org/essay/96171/

No comments:

Post a Comment